Jump to Main Content
- López, Dardo R.; Cavallero, Laura
- Acta oecologica 2017 v.79 pp. 70-80
- ecosystems; environmental factors; grasses; livestock; nurse plants; overgrazing; rangelands; seedling emergence; seedlings; shrubs; species recruitment; steppes; Argentina
- ... In arid ecosystems, recruitment dynamics are limited by harsh environmental conditions and greatly depend on the net outcome of the balance between facilitation and competition. This outcome can change as a consequence of degradation caused by livestock overgrazing. Also, distinct plant species may show a differential response to a common neighbour under the same environmental conditions. Therefor ...
- Dahal, Khila R.; Benner, Shawn; Lindquist, Eric
- Applied geography 2017 v.79 pp. 11-25
- geography; issues and policy; land use; models; periodicity; spatial data; urbanization; Idaho
- ... Spatiotemporal patterns of urban growth can help identify impacts of urbanization, assess conceptual models of that growth, help predict future change, and inform associated urban management policies. Using multi-temporal spatial data (1938-2014), we categorized the newly urbanized area in Treasure Valley, Idaho into four urban growth forms and six urban land use classes. A time series analysis of ...