Jump to Main Content
- Bhide, Amey J.; Channale, Sonal M.; Yadav, Yashpal; Bhattacharjee, Kabita; Pawar, Pankaj K.; Maheshwari, V. L.; Gupta, Vidya S.; Ramasamy, Sureshkumar; Giri, Ashok P.
- Plant molecular biology 2017 v.94 no.3 pp. 319-332
- 3' untranslated regions; Achyranthes aspera; Amaranthus cruentus; Amaranthus hypochondriacus; Callosobruchus chinensis; Celosia argentea; Helicoverpa armigera; Tribolium castaneum; active sites; adults; alpha-amylase; bacteria; cysteine; disulfide bonds; fungi; genes; humans; inhibitory concentration 50; insects; leaves; molecular models; open reading frames; secretion; seeds; signal peptide; storage pests
- ... The smallest 32 amino acid α-amylase inhibitor from Amaranthus hypochondriacus (AAI) is reported. The complete gene of pre-protein (AhAI) encoding a 26 amino acid (aa) signal peptide followed by the 43 aa region and the previously identified 32 aa peptide was cloned successfully. Three cysteine residues and one disulfide bond conserved within known α-amylase inhibitors were present in AhAI. Identi ...
- Wang, Xiong‐Ya; Bai, Su‐Fen; Li, Xin; An, Shi‐Heng; Yin, Xin‐Ming; Li, Xian‐Chun
- Archives of insect biochemistry and physiology 2017 v.94 no.3
- Campoletis chlorideae; Helicoverpa armigera; bacterial infections; endoparasitoids; erythrocytes; fat body; gene expression regulation; genes; hemagglutination; hemocytes; insects; larvae; lectins; messenger RNA; parasitism; physiological state; testes; tissue analysis; transcription (genetics)
- ... The C‐type lectins mediate nonself recognition in insects. The previous studies focused on host immunlectin response to bacterial infection; however, the molecular basis of immunlectin reactions to endoparasitoids has not been elucidated. The present study investigated the effect of parasitization by Campoletis chlorideae on hemagglutination activity (HA; defined as the ability of lectin to agglut ...