Jump to Main Content
- Raj-Kumar, Praveen-Kumar; Vallon, Olivier; Liang, Chun
- Plant molecular biology 2017 v.94 no.3 pp. 253-265
- Chlamydomonas reinhardtii; algae; alternative splicing; complementary DNA; embryophytes; genes; introns; models; proteins; sequence analysis
- ... Alternatively spliced introns are the ones that are usually spliced but can be occasionally retained in a transcript isoform. They are the most frequently used alternative splice form in plants (~50% of alternative splicing events). Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, a unicellular alga, is a good model to understand alternative splicing (AS) in plants from an evolutionary perspective as it diverged from l ...
- PubMed Central:
- Weiß, Stefan; Bartsch, Melanie; Winkelmann, Traud
- Plant molecular biology 2017 v.94 no.3 pp. 303-318
- Malus domestica; apples; biotic stress; complementary DNA; data collection; etiology; financial economics; fruit yield; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; growth retardation; metabolism; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; replant disease; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; roots; rootstocks; secondary metabolites; soil; transcriptomics; trees
- ... KEY MESSAGE: Gene expression studies in roots of apple replant disease affected plants suggested defense reactions towards biotic stress to occur which did not lead to adequate responses to the biotic stressors. Apple replant disease (ARD) leads to growth inhibition and fruit yield reduction in replanted populations and results in economic losses for tree nurseries and fruit producers. The etiolog ...