Jump to Main Content
- BÓ, María S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The Wilson journal of ornithology 2017 v.129 no.1 pp. 62-70
- Athene cunicularia; agroecosystems; anthropogenic activities; birds; breeding; dunes; habitats; land cover; land use; landscapes; nesting; nesting sites; open space; reproductive performance; vegetation; Argentina
- ... Habitat modifications have led many bird species to occupy areas with different characteristics, including human-altered landscapes. In this study, we analyzed how land use influences the nest-site selection at the microscale level by Burrowing Owls (Athene cunicularia) breeding in vegetated sand dunes, periurban areas, and agroecosystems in the Pampas of Argentina. We compared the characteristics ...
- Bó, María S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Journal of raptor research 2017 v.51 no.1 pp. 38-49
- Accipiter striatus; Asio; Athene cunicularia; Circus; Falco sparverius; Tyto alba; autumn; birds of prey; cropland; dominant species; ecosystems; falcons; grasslands; grazing; habitat preferences; habitats; land cover; roadsides; seasonal variation; species diversity; spring; surveys; urban areas; Argentina; Pampas region
- ... We evaluated the species composition, relative abundance, habitat use, and seasonal variability of raptor assemblages in the Flooding Pampas of Argentina, which represents the southeastern part of the biome known as the Rio de la Plata Grasslands. We conducted seasonal roadside surveys to detect raptors in modified and natural habitats over a 3-yr period from spring 2006 through autumn 2009. We cl ...