Jump to Main Content
- María B. Cabrera; Diego Montalti; Luciano N. Segura
- Wilson journal of ornithology 2017 v.129 no.2 pp. 311-316
- Anas; Ciconia; Circus; Podiceps; breeding; breeding season; eggs; hosts; nesting; parasites; phenology; waterfowl; Argentina
- ... The Black-headed Duck (Heteronetta atricapilla) is a unique interspecific brood parasite among birds where the host species provides parental care for incubation only. Despite this unique system, there are few studies on this species biology and the list of hosts remains incomplete. We present information about breeding phenology of the Black-headed Duck and an updated list of hosts obtained from ...
- Alejandro V. Baladrón; María S. Bó; Marc J. Bechard; Ana I. Malizia
- Journal of raptor research 2017 v.51 no.1 pp. 38-49
- Accipiter striatus; Asio; Athene cunicularia; Circus; Falco sparverius; Tyto alba; autumn; birds of prey; cropland; dominant species; ecosystems; falcons; grasslands; grazing; habitat preferences; habitats; land cover; roadsides; seasonal variation; species diversity; spring; surveys; urban areas; Argentina; Pampas region
- ... We evaluated the species composition, relative abundance, habitat use, and seasonal variability of raptor assemblages in the Flooding Pampas of Argentina, which represents the southeastern part of the biome known as the Rio de la Plata Grasslands. We conducted seasonal roadside surveys to detect raptors in modified and natural habitats over a 3-yr period from spring 2006 through autumn 2009. We cl ...