Jump to Main Content
- You, Xiang; Yang, Lin-Tong; Qi, Yi-Ping; Guo, Peng; Lai, Ning-Wei; Ye, Xin; Li, Qiang; Chen, Li-Song
- Journal of plant physiology 2017 v.218 pp. 249-257
- roots, etc ; Citrus maxima; Citrus sinensis; amino acid metabolism; cytoskeleton; energy; leaf protein; leaves; manganese; photorespiration; protein composition; pummelos; reactive oxygen species; seedlings; signal transduction; stress response; two-dimensional gel electrophoresis; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Manganese (Mn)-intolerant ‘Sour pummelo’ (Citrus grandis) and Mn-tolerant ‘Xuegan’ (Citrus sinensis) seedlings were irrigated for 17 weeks with 2 (control) or 600μM (Mn-toxicity or −excess) MnSO4. C. sinensis had higher Mn-tolerance than C. grandis, as indicated by the higher photosynthesis rates in Mn-excess C. sinensis leaves. Under Mn-toxicity, Mn levels were similar between C. sinensis and C. ...
- Zhou, Chen-Ping; Li, Chun-Ping; Liang, Wei-Wei; Guo, Peng; Yang, Lin-Tong; Chen, Li-Song
- Trees 2017 v.31 no.3 pp. 813-831
- roots, etc ; Ca2-transporting ATPase; Citrus maxima; Citrus sinensis; RNA helicases; RNA-binding proteins; acid soils; adenosinetriphosphatase; aluminum; beta-fructofuranosidase; carboxylesterase; cell walls; crop production; dephosphorylation; fatty acids; gene expression regulation; genes; lignin; manganese; nucleic acids; pectinesterase; protein phosphorylation; pummelos; sulfur; toxicity; transcription factors; woody plants; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... KEY MESSAGE: We identified more Mn-toxicity-responsive genes from Mn-intolerant Citrus grandis than from Mn-tolerant Citrus sinensis roots. These findings increased our understanding of the molecular mechanisms on plant Mn toxicity and Mn tolerance. Manganese (Mn) toxicity is the most important factor limiting crop production after aluminum toxicity in acidic soils. However, little is known about ...