Jump to Main Content
- Sharaf, Mostafa R.; Fisher, Brian L.; Collingwood, Cedric A.; Aldawood, Abdulrahman S.
- Journal of natural history 2017 v.51 no.5-6 pp. 317-378
- Cryptobia, etc ; Cardiocondyla; Monomorium; Pheidole pallidula; Tapinoma melanocephalum; Tetramorium; animals; anthropogenic activities; fauna; invasive species; new species; surveys; zoogeography; Yemen; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The animal fauna of the Socotra Archipelago is influenced by three biogeographical regions, the Afrotropical, the Oriental and the Palaearctic. Consequently, the Archipelago shares faunal elements of these three regions in addition to unique endemic taxa. The ant fauna of Socotra Island was studied and is reviewed based on literature and newly collected material. In total, 28 species, belonging to ...
- Bass, A L; Hinch, S G; Teffer, A K; Patterson, D A; Miller, K M
- Journal of fish diseases 2017 v.40 no.4 pp. 453-477
- Cryptobia, etc ; Ceratomyxa shasta; Flavobacterium psychrophilum; Oncorhynchus tshawytscha; adults; blood plasma; climate change; demography; fish communities; morbidity; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rivers; salmon; surveys; British Columbia; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Microparasites play an important role in the demography, ecology and evolution of Pacific salmonids. As salmon stocks continue to decline and the impacts of global climate change on fish populations become apparent, a greater understanding of microparasites in wild salmon populations is warranted. We used high‐throughput, quantitative PCR (HT‐qRT‐PCR) to rapidly screen 82 adult Chinook salmon from ...