Jump to Main Content
- Djiogue Manejo Josiane Edith; Mang Yannick Dimitry; Nguimbou Marcel Richard; Tatsadjieu Ngoune Leopold; Njintang Yanou Nicolas
- Journal of food measurement & characterization 2017 v.11 no.2 pp. 736-745
- Cucurbita maxima, etc ; Cucumis sativus; Cucurbita moschata; Lagenaria siceraria; Melothria sphaerocarpa; absorption; carbohydrates; diffusivity; lipid content; models; protein content; proximate composition; rehydration; seeds; soaking; temperature; water content; Cameroon; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... This study aimed to evaluate the proximate composition, physical characteristics and water absorption kinetics of five cucurbitaceae seeds species (Cucumeropsis mannii, Cucumis sativus, Cucurbita maxima, Cucurbita moschata and Lagenaria siceraria) consumed in Cameroon. The results revealed that the proximate composition of seeds changed significantly (p < 0.05) with species. The lipid content ...
- Viktória Bőhm; Dávid Fekete; Gábor Balázs; László Gáspár; Noémi Kappel
- Acta biologica Hungarica 2017 v.68 no.4 pp. 412-427
- Cucurbita maxima, etc ; Cucurbita moschata; Lagenaria siceraria; grafting (plants); irrigation; leaf area; leaves; photosynthesis; phytomass; rootstocks; salinity; salt stress; salt tolerance; seedlings; sodium; sodium chloride; squashes; stress tolerance; transpiration; watermelons; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... In order to evaluate the salinity tolerance of grafted watermelon, two sets of experiments were conducted in a growing chamber where ‘Esmeralda’ varieties were grafted onto interspecific squash (Cucurbita maxima Duch. × Cucurbita moschata Duch.) and Lagenaria siceraria rootstocks. Both non-grafted and self-garfted plants were used for control. For salt stress, 2.85 and 4.28 mM/l substrate doses ...