Jump to Main Content
- Ullah, Aman, et al. Show all 2 Author
- RSC advances 2017 v.7 no.45 pp. 27946-27959
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; differential scanning calorimetry; epoxidation reactions; equations; experimental design; gel chromatography; melting point; microwave radiation; microwave treatment; molecular weight; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; olefin; polymerization; polymers; reflectance; regression analysis; solvents; temperature; thermogravimetry
- ... In this study, a new strategy for making polyethers from α-olefin (1-decene) was developed using microwave irradiation and compared with a conventional method. The olefin was epoxidized and subjected to catalytic polymerization using both conventional and microwave synthesis techniques. The conventional epoxidation reaction of 1-decene took 1 hour while microwave-assisted epoxidation was completed ...
- Ullah, Aman, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- ACS sustainable chemistry 2017 v.5 no.11 pp. 9793-9801
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; alkenes; biopolyesters; catalysts; differential scanning calorimetry; fatty acid methyl esters; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; gel chromatography; heat; ionization; melting point; microwave radiation; molecular weight; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; oleic acid; plant fats and oils; polymerization; temperature; thermogravimetry
- ... Self-metathesis of fatty acid methyl esters (FAMEs) from natural oils and commercial oleic acid was carried out using a microwave reactor in solvent-free conditions. Self-metathesis products were further identified and quantified by gas chromatography–mass spectroscopy (GC–MS) and gas chromatography–flame ionization detector (GC–FID). Conversion of ∼50% was achieved within a short span (∼2 min) in ...