Jump to Main Content
- Chowdhury, Azazul Islam; Bergsten, Peter
- Molecular and cellular endocrinology 2017 v.439 pp. 194-202
- G-protein coupled receptors, etc ; apoptosis; gene expression regulation; genes; glucagon-like peptide 1; glucose; humans; insulin secretion; islets of Langerhans; palmitates; phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase; proinsulin; protein content; signal transduction; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Elevated circulating palmitate levels have been connected with type 2 diabetes mellitus. GLP-1 has favorable effects on beta-cells function. The aim was to identify mechanisms for decreased GSIS after long-term palmitate exposure and restoration by GLP-1 by analyzing changes in G-protein coupled receptor (GPCR) pathway signaling. Insulin secretory response to 20 mM glucose was attenuated after 7 d ...
- Chueh, Tsung‐Cheng; Hsu, Li‐Sung; Kao, Chin‐Ming; Hsu, Tung‐Wei; Liao, Hung‐Yu; Wang, Kuan‐Yi; Chen, Ssu Ching
- Environmental toxicology 2017 v.32 no.5 pp. 1548-1557
- G-protein coupled receptors, etc ; Danio rerio; adverse effects; aquatic environment; cDNA libraries; children; complementary DNA; deltamethrin; fish; fish communities; gene expression; gene expression regulation; gene ontology; genes; pregnant women; pyrethrins; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; sequence analysis; signal transduction; transcriptome; transcriptomics; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Deltamethrin (DTM), a type II pyrethroid, is one of the most commonly used insecticides. The increased use of pyrethroid leads to potential adverse effects, particularly in sensitive populations such as children and pregnant women. None of the related studies was focused on the transcriptome responses in zebrafish embryos after treatment with DTM; therefore, RNA‐seq, a high‐throughput method, was ...