Jump to Main Content
- Novelli, Enrico; Dal Santo, Lucia; Balzan, Stefania; Cardazzo, Barbara; Spolaor, Dino; Lombardi, Angiolella; Carraro, Lisa; Fasolato, Luca
- Italian journal of food safety 2017 v.6 no.1
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; acidification; ascorbic acid; black pepper; dough; drying; food industry; food pathogens; manufacturing; meat; nitrites; pH; potassium nitrate; relative humidity; risk; salami; starter cultures; temperature; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Challenge tests are a clear opportunity for manufacturers interested in the evaluation of their management system with the aim to reduce the spread of foodborne pathogens. This is a main concern especially in ready-to-eat food in relation to the risk associated with Listeria monocytogenes. For small and medium-scale food industry the manufacturing practices and products formulation are characteris ...
- PubMed Central:
- Yan, Shoulei; Luo, Yaguang; Zhou, Bin; Ingram, David T.
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2017 v.80 pp. 311-320
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Escherichia coli; aerobes; apples; ascorbic acid; bacteria; cold storage; color; enzymatic browning; ethanol; firmness; food pathogens; fresh-cut produce; molds (fungi); yeasts; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Fresh-cut apples have recently been associated with several recalls due to food-borne pathogen contamination. Simultaneous control of enzymatic browning and pathogen growth is challenging, because of the incompatibility between most chemicals applied for these two purposes. This study evaluated the efficacy of ethanol in combination with ascorbic acid to inhibit browning and inactivate pathogens o ...
- Chorus Open Access: