Jump to Main Content
- Li, Changcheng; Huang, Lihan; Hwang, Cheng-An
- Food control 2017 v.73 pp. 406-410
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; bacteria; fish industry; fish roe; food pathogens; foodborne illness; heat inactivation; heat tolerance; kinetics; models; ready-to-eat foods; salmon; salt concentration; seafoods; serotypes; temperature; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Listeria monocytogenes is a potentially fatal foodborne pathogen that can be found in ready-to-eat seafood products, such as fresh salmon roe. Once contaminated, salmon roe must be decontaminated prior to human consumption. This study was conducted to determine the thermal inactivation kinetics of L. monocytogenes in raw salmon roe as affected by bacterial strain, temperature, and salt concentrati ...
- Chorus Open Access:
- Laaksonen, Sauli; Oksanen, Antti; Julmi, Jérôme; Zweifel, Claudio; Fredriksson-Ahomaa, Maria; Stephan, Roger
- Acta veterinaria scandinavica 2017 v.59 no.1 pp. 2
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Salmonella; Shiga toxin; Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli; Yersinia; antibiotic resistance; beta-lactamase; compliance; evisceration; feces; food animals; food chain; food pathogens; genes; good hygiene practices; human diseases; humans; livelihood; meat; methicillin; methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus; pathogenicity; reindeer; risk; semi-domestic animals; serotypes; Finland; Norway; Scandinavia; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Various food-producing animals were recognized in recent years as healthy carriers of bacterial pathogens causing human illness. In northern Fennoscandia, the husbandry of semi-domesticated reindeer (Rangifer tarandus tarandus) is a traditional livelihood and meat is the main product. This study determined the presence of selected foodborne pathogens, methicillin-resistant Staphylococc ...
- PubMed Central: