Jump to Main Content
- Li, Changcheng; Huang, Lihan; Hwang, Cheng-An
- Food control 2017 v.73 pp. 406-410
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; bacteria; fish industry; fish roe; food pathogens; foodborne illness; heat inactivation; heat tolerance; kinetics; models; ready-to-eat foods; salmon; salt concentration; seafoods; serotypes; temperature; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Listeria monocytogenes is a potentially fatal foodborne pathogen that can be found in ready-to-eat seafood products, such as fresh salmon roe. Once contaminated, salmon roe must be decontaminated prior to human consumption. This study was conducted to determine the thermal inactivation kinetics of L. monocytogenes in raw salmon roe as affected by bacterial strain, temperature, and salt concentrati ...
- Chorus Open Access:
- Novelli, Enrico; Dal Santo, Lucia; Balzan, Stefania; Cardazzo, Barbara; Spolaor, Dino; Lombardi, Angiolella; Carraro, Lisa; Fasolato, Luca
- Italian journal of food safety 2017 v.6 no.1
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; acidification; ascorbic acid; black pepper; dough; drying; food industry; food pathogens; manufacturing; meat; nitrites; pH; potassium nitrate; relative humidity; risk; salami; starter cultures; temperature; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Challenge tests are a clear opportunity for manufacturers interested in the evaluation of their management system with the aim to reduce the spread of foodborne pathogens. This is a main concern especially in ready-to-eat food in relation to the risk associated with Listeria monocytogenes. For small and medium-scale food industry the manufacturing practices and products formulation are characteris ...
- PubMed Central: