Jump to Main Content
- Lucas, Eve, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2017 v.108 pp. 34-48
- Myrcia; Neotropics; biogeography; climate change; forests; models; phylogeny; species diversity; Brazil; Caribbean
- ... Many recent studies discuss the influence of climatic and geological events in the evolution of Neotropical biota by correlating these events with dated phylogenetic hypotheses. Myrtaceae is one of the most diverse Neotropical groups and it therefore a good proxy of plant diversity in the region. However, biogeographic studies on Neotropical Myrtaceae are still very limited. Myrcia s.l. is an info ...
- Lucas, Eve J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Perspectives in plant ecology, evolution and systematics 2017 v.24 pp. 11-24
- Myrcia; case studies; convergent evolution; flowering; genes; ontogeny; parallel evolution; polyphyly; scanning electron microscopy; taxonomy; trees
- ... The greatest challenge to the modern plant systematist is the interpretation of molecular phylogenies that do not correspond to previous classifications based on morphological data. Characters that on first appearance seem highly diagnostic are brought into focus by phylogeny and frequently shown to have evolved multiple times independently. Parallelism is usually neglected in such systematic stud ...