Jump to Main Content
- Górak, Monika; Żymańczyk-Duda, Ewa
- Journal of applied phycology 2017 v.29 no.1 pp. 245-253
- Nodularia sphaerocarpa, etc ; Nostoc; Spirulina maxima; agitation; alginates; biocatalysts; bioreactors; esters; immobilized cells; viability; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... This report, based on the previous studies, compares the reductive activity of different modes of following photobiocatalysts (on laboratory and preparative scale): Arthrospira maxima, Nostoc cf. muscorum and Nodularia sphaerocarpa, toward diethyl esters of 2-oxopropylphosphonate (1), 2-oxo-2-phenylethylphosphonate (2), and 2-oxobutylphosphonate (3). It was confirmed that immobilization in alginat ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kaushal, Shveta; Singh, Yadwinder; Khattar, J. I. S.; Singh, D. P.
- Journal of applied phycology 2017 v.29 no.4 pp. 1819-1827
- Nodularia sphaerocarpa, etc ; Anabaena fertilissima; biomass; culture media; green light; light quality; nitrogen; pH; phycobiliprotein; potassium nitrate; sucrose; surveys; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The present study focuses on finding a good source of phycobiliproteins (PBP). We report a new cyanobacterium Nodularia sphaerocarpa PUPCCC 420.1 as a good producer of PBP. The organism produced 445.6 μg PBP mg⁻¹ dry biomass. The growth and PBP production of organism were optimized by varying pH of growth medium, nitrogen sources, light quality and sugars. The optimized conditions for PBP producti ...