Jump to Main Content
- Acharya, Bharat Sharma; Stebler, Elaine; Zou, Chris B.
- Hydrological processes 2017 v.31 no.1 pp. 240-249
- Juniperus virginiana, etc ; canopy; correlation; ecosystems; grasslands; leaf wetness; monitoring; plant litter; rain; savannas; stream flow; variance; water balance; water content; water resources; woodlands; Oklahoma; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Leaf litter interception of water is an integral component of the water budget for some vegetated ecosystems. However, loss of rainfall to litter receives considerably less attention than canopy interception due to lack of suitable sensors to measure changes in litter water content. In this study, a commercially available leaf wetness sensor was calibrated to the gravimetric water content of easte ...
- Wang, Jie; Xiao, Xiangming; Qin, Yuanwei; Dong, Jinwei; Geissler, George; Zhang, Geli; Cejda, Nicholas; Alikhani, Brian; Doughty, Russell B.
- Remote sensing of environment 2017 v.190 pp. 233-246
- Juniperus virginiana, etc ; Internet; Landsat; algorithms; biogeochemical cycles; carbon; forage production; forests; georeferencing; grasslands; landscapes; livestock; remote sensing; time series analysis; watersheds; wildlife habitats; woody plants; Great Plains region; Oklahoma; Southeastern United States; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Woody plant encroachment of eastern redcedar (Juniperus virginiana L., hereafter referred to as “red cedar”) into native grasslands in the U.S. Southern Great Plains has significantly affected the production of forage and livestock, wildlife habitats, as well as water, carbon, nutrient and biogeochemical cycles. However, time series of red cedar maps are still not available to document the continu ...