Jump to Main Content
- Labelle, Eric R.; Bergen, Moritz; Windisch, Johannes
- European journal of forest research 2017 v.136 no.4 pp. 639-652
- wood logs, etc ; Picea; Pinus sylvestris; algorithms; computers; cutting; forest stands; forests; inventories; mechanical harvesting; mechanization; prices; stems; trees; Germany; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... On-board computers (OBC) of harvesting machines can now provide optimized bucking (task of cutting stems into different log lengths) by relying on value and demand matrices. Despite existing benefits of these systems in certain countries, they remain largely underutilized and generally poorly understood in German mechanized forest operations. The study aimed to compare and quantify the differences ...
- Hansson, Lars; Couceiro, José; Fjellner, Bengt-Arne
- Wood material science and engineering 2017 v.12 no.4 pp. 251-256
- wood logs, etc ; Picea abies; Pinus sylvestris; algorithms; computed tomography; computer software; computer-aided design; drying; engineering; equilibrium moisture content; heat treatment; image analysis; materials science; shrinkage; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The aim of the present work was to use the displacement information generated from the spatial alignment in order to compute wood shrinkage in the radial and tangential directions in computed tomography (CT) images, and to compare the results with those obtained with computer-aided design software on the same images. To estimate the shrinkage coefficients from tomography images, wood specimens in ...