Jump to Main Content
- Li, Xiao‐li; Marella, Thomas Kiran; Tao, Ling; Li, Rong; Tiwari, Archana; Li, Gu
- Phycological research 2017 v.65 no.3 pp. 177-187
- Synedra, etc ; Cyclotella; Navicula; algae; bioactive compounds; environmental factors; fatty acid composition; fatty acid methyl esters; fatty acids; freshwater; iron; lipid content; pH; phosphates; silica; silicon; temperature; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Diatoms are a group of highly abundant and diverse aquatic algae species. They contain high lipid content along with many bioactive compounds that can be exploited for biotechnological applications. Despite these attractive attributes, diatoms are underrepresented in production projects due to difficulties in their cultivation. To optimize the growth of three freshwater diatom isolates, Cyclotella ...
- Joo, Jae-Hyoung; Wang, Pengbin; Park, Bum Soo; Byun, Jeong-Hwan; Choi, Hye Jeong; Kim, Seong Hun; Han, Myung-Soo
- Ecotoxicology and environmental safety 2017
- Synedra, etc ; Aphanizomenon; Aulacoseira; Cosmarium; Cyclotella meneghiniana; Danio rerio; Daphnia magna; Microcystis; Nostoc; Oscillatoria; Scenedesmus quadricauda; Selenastrum capricornutum; Stephanodiscus; algae; algal blooms; algicides; cost effectiveness; half life; reproduction; survival rate; toxicity; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... In previous studies, naphthoquinone (NQ) compounds have been shown to be effective, selective, and ecologically safe algicides for controlling harmful algal blooming species (HABs) or winter bloom species, such as Stephanodiscus hantzschii. However, there are no reports on NQ-based algicides for use with cyanobacterial blooming species. In this study, we developed 31 NQ compounds to investigate al ...