Jump to Main Content
- Zou, Feng, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2017 v.121 no.31 pp. 16702-16709
- anodes; carbon; electrical conductivity; electrochemistry; electrolytes; energy; lithium; lithium batteries; micropores; nanocomposites; phenolic resins; physical chemistry; potassium hydroxide; silica; surface area; temperature
- ... Bimodal porous carbon-silica (BP-CS) nanocomposites exhibit advantageous properties from a design perspective for low-cost lithium-ion battery anodes. The BP-CS nanocomposites were fabricated using cooperative self-assembly of phenolic resin, tetraethylorthosilicate, and Pluronic F127 via a scalable roll-to-roll method. An etching reaction between molten KOH and silica at high temperature (∼700 °C ...
- Zou, Feng, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of materials chemistry A 2017 v.5 no.23 pp. 11781-11787
- anodes; batteries; carbon; carbonization; coatings; cobalt; composite materials; coordination polymers; electrochemistry; nickel; sodium; sulfides
- ... A binary Ni/Co metal organic framework (Ni–Co-MOF) with a hollow-sphere structure that is decorated with cone-shaped protrusions was prepared via a facile solvothermal reaction. Carbonization and sulfurization of the Ni–Co-MOF produced a Ni₃S₂/Co₉S₈/N-doped carbon composite that retained the hierarchical structure. The final composite material presents exceptional electrochemical performance when ...