Jump to Main Content
- Gillis-Germitsch, Nina; Schnyder, Manuela
- Parasites & vectors 2017 v.10 no.1 pp. 421
- antigen-antibody complex, etc ; Angiostrongylus vasorum; EDTA (chelating agent); angiostrongylosis; antibodies; antibody detection; antigen detection; antigens; dog diseases; dogs; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; epidemiological studies; heat treatment; necropsy; parasites; seroprevalence; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: In the last decade serological tests for detection of circulating Angiostrongylus vasorum antigen and specific antibodies have been developed and adopted for individual diagnosis and epidemiological studies in dogs. Although confirmed positive at necropsy, antigen detection was not possible in single experimentally, as well as naturally infected dogs, possibly due to immune complex for ...
- PubMed Central:
- Beall, Melissa J.; Arguello-Marin, Andrea; Drexel, Jan; Liu, Jiayou; Chandrashekar, Ramaswamy; Alleman, A. Rick
- Parasites & vectors 2017 v.10 no.Supplement 2 pp. 481
- antigen-antibody complex, etc ; Dirofilaria immitis; EDTA (chelating agent); acid treatment; antibodies; antigen detection; antigens; blood serum; diagnostic techniques; dissociation; dogs; doxycycline; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; heartworms; heat treatment; pH; patients; pepsin; pets; prospective studies; therapeutics; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Antigen testing is routinely used to diagnose canine Dirofilaria immitis infections. Immune complex dissociation (ICD) methods, which were employed in the original heartworm antigen tests to release antigen that was bound by endogenous canine antibodies, were discontinued with improvements in assay reagents. The purpose of this study was to evaluate different ICD methods for detection ...
- PubMed Central: