Jump to Main Content
- Park, Yoo Jung; Kim, Hyung Sik; Lee, Ha Young; Hwang, Jae Sam; Bae, Yoe-Sik
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2017
- Scolopendra, etc ; G-proteins; antimicrobial peptides; calcium; chemotaxis; cytokines; lipopolysaccharides; mice; neutrophils; peptide receptors; phospholipase C; superoxide anion; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... In this study, we identified scolopendrasin Ⅹ, a novel antimicrobial peptide (AMP), from centipede Scolopendra subspinipes mutilans. Scolopendrasin Ⅹ strongly stimulated mouse neutrophils, resulting in intracellular calcium increase, chemotactic migration through pertussis toxin-sensitive G-protein and phospholipase C pathway, and increased superoxide anion production in neutrophils. Target recept ...
- Fratini, Filippo; Cilia, Giovanni; Turchi, Barbara; Felicioli, Antonio
- Toxicon 2017
- Scolopendra, etc ; Araneae; Hymenoptera; Scorpiones; active ingredients; animals; antibacterial properties; antibiotic resistance; antimicrobial peptides; bacteria; common names; insects; mechanism of action; minimum inhibitory concentration; venoms; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Currently, new antimicrobial molecules extracted or obtained by natural sources, could be a valide alternative to traditional antibiotics. Most of these molecules are represented by antimicrobial peptides (AMPs), which are essential compounds of insect, arachnids and centipedes venom. AMPs, due to their strong effectiveness, low resistance rates and peculiar mode of action, seem to have all the su ...