Jump to Main Content
- Schaefer, Charles E., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of contaminant hydrology 2017 v.206 pp. 10-17
- X-ray diffraction; activation energy; anaerobic conditions; aquifers; butanes; clay soils; data collection; dechlorination; equations; ethylene; iron; magnetism; mass transfer; mineral content; minerals; models; propane; reaction mechanisms; temperature; tetrachloroethylene
- ... Laboratory batch experiments were performed to assess the impacts of temperature and mineralogy on the abiotic dechlorination of tetrachloroethene (PCE) or trichloroethene (TCE) due to the presence of ferrous minerals in natural aquifer clayey soils under anaerobic conditions. A combination of x-ray diffraction (XRD), magnetic susceptibility, and ferrous mineral content were used to characterize e ...
- Schaefer, Michael V., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2017 v.51 no.16 pp. 8926-8932
- aquifers; arsenic; basins; dissolved oxygen; drinking water; groundwater; groundwater contamination; humans; manganese; river deltas; watersheds; wells; Bangladesh; Cambodia; China; United States; Yangtze River
- ... Providing access to safe drinking water is a global challenge, for which groundwater is increasingly being used throughout the world. However, geogenic contaminants limit the suitability of groundwater for domestic purposes over large geographic areas across most continents. Geogenic contaminants in groundwater are often evaluated individually, but here we demonstrate the need to evaluate multiple ...