Jump to Main Content
- Voorspoels, Stefan, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2017 v.38 pp. 128-139
- Aronia melanocarpa; absorption; anthocyanins; bioavailability; colon; digestion; dynamic models; epicatechin; flavonols; food matrix; human cell lines; in vitro digestion; juices; metabolism; phenolic acids; procyanidins
- ... Aronia phenolics are considered to be beneficial for cardiovascular health, but are not always bioavailable. In this study, we evaluated the in vitro bioavailability of Aronia juice phenolics by combination of intestinal digestion models with Caco-2 absorption models. First, intestinal luminal stability and microbial metabolism of Aronia phenolics were investigated using two in vitro digestion mod ...
- Voorspoels, Stefan, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Food research international 2017 v.99 pp. 531-541
- absorption; bioavailability; blood; blood pressure; digestion; eggs; food matrix; functional foods; human cell lines; hydrolysates; models; ovalbumin; peptides; small intestine
- ... Food-derived peptides can impact blood pressure through several mechanisms. However, their fate in the gastro-intestinal tract and bioavailability are difficult to assess because of their fast degradation and challenging analysis in physiologically relevant matrices. The aim of this study was to construct an in vitro bioavailability methodology in which luminal digestion is combined with Caco-2 ce ...