Jump to Main Content
- Thu Thi Tran; Meehyein Kim; Yejin Jang; Hye Won Lee; Hoa Thi Nguyen; Thanh Ngoc Nguyen; Hae Woong Park; Quang Le Dang; Jin-Cheol Kim
- BMC complementary and alternative medicine 2017 v.17 no.1 pp. 162
- Persicaria chinensis; active ingredients; alternative medicine; antiviral properties; caffeic acid; chemical structure; confocal microscopy; cytopathogenicity; dose response; ellagic acid; ethyl acetate; herbal medicines; influenza; median effective concentration; medicinal plants; metabolites; methanol; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; phytopharmaceuticals; sialidase; silica; solvents; spectral analysis; traditional medicine; virus replication; viruses; Vietnam
- ... BACKGROUND: Polygonum chinense Linn. is a common medicinal plant in Southeast Asia and has been used in traditional medicine in Vietnam. The plant contains phytochemicals with various biological properties; however, its antiviral effect has not yet been demonstrated. This study was aimed to evaluate the anti-influenza virus activity of crude extracts of P. chinense, to characterize antiviral metab ...
- PubMed Central:
- Yan Yang; Shan-Zhai Shang; Wei Zhao; Huan-huan Xing; Hang-Ying Ma; Ling Zhou; Min Zhou; Yan-Qing Ye; Hai-Yan Wu; Gang Du; Dong-Lai Zhu; Qiu-Fen Hu
- Chemistry of natural compounds 2017 v.53 no.6 pp. 1127-1130
- Senna alata; alkaloids; antiviral properties; chemical structure; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; seed extracts; seeds; spectral analysis; viruses
- ... Two new alkaloids, 3-(hydroxymethyl)-6,9-dimethyl-7H-benzo[de]quinolin-7-one (1) and 3-(hydroxymethyl)-8-methoxy-6,9-dimethyl-7H-benzo[de]quinolin-7-one (2), together with two known alkaloids (3 and 4) were isolated from the seeds of Cassia alata. Their structures were determined by means of HR-ESI-MS and extensive 1D and 2D NMR spectroscopic studies. Compounds 1–4 were tested for their anti-tobac ...