Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Yixi; Xia, Chris; Shepard, Zachary; Smith, Nicholas; Rice, Nicholas; Peterson, Amy M.; Sakulich, Aaron
- ACS sustainable chemistry 2017 v.5 no.5 pp. 3955-3962
- tung oil, etc ; carbon dioxide; coatings; concrete; corrosion; cracking; epoxides; greenhouse gas emissions; infrastructure; microencapsulation; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Self-healing rebar coatings were prepared and investigated for steel-reinforced concrete, with the goal of creating coatings that can withstand construction site damage. Such damage to conventional coatings results in epoxy chipping or cracking and negates the coatings’ ability to resist corrosion. The coatings consisted of a conventional epoxy coating containing 10 wt % microencapsulated tung oil ...
- Li, Haiyan; Cui, Yexiang; Wang, Huaiyuan; Zhu, Yanji; Wang, Baohui
- Colloids and surfaces 2017 v.518 pp. 181-187
- tung oil, etc ; coatings; corrosion; crosslinking; epoxides; evaporation; films (materials); polymers; solvents; temperature; thermal degradation; thermal stability; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Polysulfone microcapsules containing tung oil were synthesized by a solvent evaporation method. The mean diameter and wall thickness of the synthesized microcapsules were approximately 130μm and 9μm, respectively. High thermal stability of the microcapsules with a thermal degradation onset temperature of 350°C was obtained. The multi-functional coating was fabricated by incorporating the microcaps ...