Jump to Main Content
- Stirling, Rod; Sturrock, Rona N.; Braybrooks, Ann
- International biodeterioration & biodegradation 2017 v.125 pp. 105-115
- decay resistance, etc ; Thuja plicata; decay fungi; decayed wood; durability; heartwood; planting; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... Western redcedar (WRC; Thuja plicata Donn) is widely used in outdoor building applications where the natural decay resistance of its heartwood is highly valued. However, as demonstrated in laboratory and field tests, the durability of WRC can be compromised under a variety of circumstances and conditions. The dynamics of the wood decay process are not well-understood. Several fungi, including more ...
- Candelier, Kévin; Hannouz, Simon; Thévenon, Marie-France; Guibal, Daniel; Gérardin, Philippe; Pétrissans, Mathieu; Collet, Robert
- European journal of wood and wood products 2017 v.75 no.2 pp. 249-262
- decay resistance, etc ; Fagus; Fraxinus excelsior; Pinus; Reticulitermes santonensis; agar; decayed wood; dimensional stability; durability; heat treatment; modulus of elasticity; modulus of rupture; screening; soil; steam; temperature; thermal degradation; weight loss; white-rot fungi; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Thermal modification processes have been developed to increase the biological durability and dimensional stability of wood. The aim of this paper was to study the influence of ThermoWood® treatment intensity on improvement of wood decay resistance against soil-inhabiting micro-organisms, brown/white rots and termite exposures. All of the tests were carried out in the laboratory with two different ...