Jump to Main Content
- Shray Pathak; Chandra Shekhar Prasad Ojha; Chris Zevenbergen; Rahul Dev Garg
- Water 2017 v.9 no.9 pp. -
- climate change; decision making; entropy; expert opinion; freshwater; geographic information systems; land use change; principal component analysis; screening; socioeconomics; stormwater; urban areas; water harvesting; water resources; watersheds; Australia; India
- ... Conservation of water is essential as climate change coupled with land use changes influence the distribution of water availability. Stormwater harvesting (SWH) is a widely used conservation measure, which reduces pressure on fresh water resources. However, determining the availability of stormwater and identifying the suitable sites for SWH require consideration of various socio-economic and tech ...
- Roopam Shukla; Anusheema Chakraborty; P. K. Joshi
- Mitigation and adaptation strategies for global change 2017 v.22 no.3 pp. 399-425
- adaptive management; agroecological zones; climate change; decision making; highlands; issues and policy; models; plateaus; risk; semiarid zones; socioeconomics; India
- ... India being a developing economy dependent on climate-sensitive sector like agriculture is highly vulnerable to impacts of global climate change. Vulnerability to climate change, however, differs spatially within the country owing to regional differences in exposure, sensitivity, and adaptive capacity. The study uses the Hadley Centre Global Environment Model version 2-Earth System (HadGEM-ES) cli ...