Jump to Main Content
- Matloup, O.H.; Abd El Tawab, A.M.; Hassan, A.A.; Hadhoud, F.I.; Khattab, M.S.A.; Khalel, M.S.; Sallam, S.M.A.; Kholif, A.E.
- Animal feed science and technology 2017 v.226 pp. 88-97
- Trifolium alexandrinum, etc ; Coriandrum sativum; Holstein; ammonium nitrogen; animal health; blood; blood glucose; cows; diet; digestibility; early lactation; energy; experimental design; feed additives; feed conversion; feed intake; milk; milk production; oils; rice straw; rumen fermentation; salinomycin; short chain fatty acids; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Thirty multiparous lactating Friesian cows (523±8.9kg BW) were used to study the effect of feeding coriander oil, a natural feed additive, versus salinomycin; an ionophore. Early lactation Friesian cows were used for 63days in a completely randomized experimental design with repeated measures. Cows were randomly assigned to three treatments and fed a basal diet of concentrates, berseem clover (Tri ...
- Kholif, A.E.; Matloup, O.H.; Morsy, T.A.; Abdo, M.M.; Abu Elella, A.A.; Anele, U.Y.; Swanson, K.C.
- Livestock science 2017 v.204 pp. 39-46
- Trifolium alexandrinum, etc ; Cymbopogon; blood glucose; blood serum; cholesterol; diet; digestibility; energy; fatty acid composition; feed additives; feed conversion; goats; lactation; lactose; milk; milk fat; milk yield; nutrient intake; nutritional intervention; organic matter; pH; propionic acid; rosemary; rumen fermentation; short chain fatty acids; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... This study was conducted to determine the effect of rosemary or lemongrass herbs at 10g daily on feed utilization, milk production, milk composition, and fatty acid profile in lactating Damascus goats. Fifteen goats were divided into 3 treatments (5 goats each) and fed a basal diet of berseem clover and concentrates (1:1 on dry matter (DM) basis; Control treatment) or the control diet supplemented ...