Jump to Main Content
- Shi, Zheng, et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Ecosystems 2017 v.20 no.3 pp. 515-526
- biomass; carbon; carbon sinks; climate change; climatic factors; ecosystem respiration; ecosystems; graminoids; issues and policy; land management; legumes; meadows; net ecosystem exchange; nitrogen; prediction; primary productivity; soil temperature; China
- ... Despite the importance of future carbon (C) pools for policy and land management decisions under various climate change scenarios, predictions of these pools under altered climate vary considerably. Chronic warming will likely impact both ecosystem C fluxes and the abundance and distribution of plant functional types (PFTs) within systems, potentially interacting to create novel patterns of C exch ...
- Shi, Zheng, et al. Show all 26 Authors
- Global change biology 2017 v.23 no.10 pp. 4376-4385
- carbon sequestration; case studies; climate change; drought; ecosystem services; ecosystems; food production; grasslands; hydrologic cycle; issues and policy; land management; primary productivity; uncertainty
- ... Climatic changes are altering Earth's hydrological cycle, resulting in altered precipitation amounts, increased interannual variability of precipitation, and more frequent extreme precipitation events. These trends will likely continue into the future, having substantial impacts on net primary productivity (NPP) and associated ecosystem services such as food production and carbon sequestration. Fr ...