Jump to Main Content
- Lingyun Qin; Huili Liu; Rong Chen; Jingjing Zhou; Xiyao Cheng; Yao Chen; Yongqi Huang; Zhengding Su
- Biochemistry 2017 v.56 no.44 pp. 5943-5954
- amino acid sequences; binding capacity; chemical interactions; drugs; engineering; ligands; mice; models; molecular dynamics; mutants; oncogene proteins; pharmacology; prediction; protein conformation; protein engineering; screening
- ... The oncoprotein MdmX (mouse double minute X) is highly homologous to Mdm2 (mouse double minute 2) in terms of their amino acid sequences and three-dimensional conformations, but Mdm2 inhibitors exhibit very weak affinity for MdmX, providing an excellent model for exploring how protein conformation distinguishes and alters inhibitor binding. The intrinsic conformation flexibility of proteins plays ...
- Handan Acar; Jeffrey M. Ting; Samanvaya Srivastava; James L. LaBelle; Matthew V. Tirrell
- Chemical Society reviews 2017 v.46 no.21 pp. 6553-6569
- amino acid sequences; amino acids; engineering; nanoparticles; peptides; precision medicine; protein-protein interactions; proteins
- ... Proteins and their interactions in and out of cells must be well-orchestrated for the healthy functioning and regulation of the body. Even the slightest disharmony can cause diseases. Therapeutic peptides are short amino acid sequences (generally considered <50 amino acids) that can naturally mimic the binding interfaces between proteins and thus, influence protein–protein interactions. Because of ...