Jump to Main Content
- Yu, Zhigang, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Chinese journal of oceanology and limnology 2017 v.35 no.5 pp. 1108-1116
- chlorophyll; estuaries; isotopes; mass transfer; mixing; nutrients; particulates; primary productivity; radionuclides; radium; river water; rivers; summer; surface water; winter
- ... Radium (Ra) isotopes are useful for tracing water mass transport and examining estuarine hydrological dynamics. In this study, several hydrological parameters, nutrients, chlorophyll-a (chl-a), suspended particulate matter (SPM) and Ra isotopes (²²³Ra, ²²⁴Ra and 226Ra) of surface waters of the Zhujiang (Pearl) River estuary (ZRE) were measured. This was done for both winter (December) and summer ( ...
- Yu, Zhigang, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2017
- ammonium compounds; anthropogenic activities; denitrification; dissolved inorganic nitrogen; estuaries; humans; nitrates; nitrites; nitrogen dioxide; nutrient content; phosphorus; rivers; sediments; spatial variation; Yellow River
- ... Anthropogenic activities alter the natural states of large rivers and their surrounding environment. The Yellow River is a well-studied case of a large river with heavy human control. An artificial managed water and sediment release system, known as the Water-Sediment Regulation Scheme (WSRS), has been carried out annually in the Yellow River since 2002. Nutrient concentrations and composition dis ...