Jump to Main Content
- Barrios‐Arpi, L. M.; Rodríguez Gutiérrez, J.‐L.; Lopez‐Torres, B.
- Anatomia, histologia, embryologia 2017 v.46 no.6 pp. 533-538
- umbilical arteries, etc ; Camelus dromedarius; Petrorhagia; Vicugna pacos; alpacas; fetus; fibroblasts; formalin; histology; light microscopy; umbilical cord; umbilical veins; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The histomorphometric features of umbilical cord constituents in seven foetuses of alpaca (Vicugna pacos) from Cerro de Pasco, Department, Peru, were determined. Sections of 2–5 cm of umbilical cord were fixed in 10% neutral buffered formalin and processed for light microscopy. Standard histological slides stained with haematoxylin and eosin, Masson's trichrome and Van Gieson's trichrome were obta ...
- Petridis, I.G.; Barbagianni, M.S.; Ioannidi, K.S.; Samaras, E.; Fthenakis, G.C.; Vloumidi, E.I.
- Small ruminant research 2017 v.152 pp. 22-32
- umbilical arteries, etc ; blood; blood flow; echocardiography; fetus; functional status; heart; human physiology; image analysis; medicine; models; reproductive system; risk; sheep; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Objective of the present paper is to review applications of Doppler ultrasonography in sheep. Principles of Doppler ultrasonography and their physiological background are initially presented, as well as haemodynamic parametres that can be used for evaluation of the findings. In sheep, Doppler ultrasonography has been used in clinical work primarily for examination of the reproductive system and of ...