Jump to Main Content
- Del Bo’, Cristian, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The Journal of nutritional biochemistry 2017 v.48 pp. 1-8
- animal models; aryldialkylphosphatase; foods; gene expression; high density lipoprotein; humans; in vivo studies; lipid peroxidation; low density lipoprotein; mechanism of action; polyphenols; quercetin; resveratrol; structure-activity relationships; transcription (genetics)
- ... Paraoxonase 1 (PON1) is a high-density lipoprotein (HDL)-associated enzyme involved in the protection of low-density lipoprotein and HDLs against lipid peroxidation. Several studies documented the capacity of polyphenols to stimulate PON1 transcription activation.The objective of the present review is to provide the main evidence about the role and the potential mechanism of action of polyphenols ...
- Del Bo’, Cristian, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food & function 2017 v.8 no.11 pp. 4108-4117
- blood pressure; blueberries; cigarettes; foods; heart rate; hyperemia; males; sugars
- ... Several studies have documented the important role of polyphenol-rich foods in the modulation of vascular remodelling and function. This study aimed to evaluate the capacity of a single portion of blueberry (V. corymbosum) to acutely improve peripheral arterial dysfunction in a group of young volunteers. Twenty-four healthy males (12 non-smokers and 12 smokers) were recruited for two different ran ...