Jump to Main Content
- Jadhav, Kapilesh; Jadhav, Indrani
- World journal of microbiology & biotechnology 2017 v.33 no.10 pp. 192
- thiosulfates, etc ; Achromobacter xylosoxidans; Gram-negative bacteria; ammonium; aromatic compounds; energy; genes; oxidation; pH; phosphates; phylogeny; ribosomal RNA; sodium sulfite; sulfur; temperature; waste lagoons; wastes; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Achromobacter xylosoxidans is a versatile bacterium known for its ability to degrade aromatic compounds. However, its ability to oxidize sulfur compounds for electron and energy source is not reported much. In the present work, the Gram-negative bacterium Achromobacter xylosoxidans strain wsp05 isolated from a waste stabilization ponds (WSPs) system was studied for its ability to oxidize reduced s ...
- Herrmann, M; Opitz, S; Harzer, R; Totsche, KU; Küsel, K
- Microbial ecology 2017 v.74 no.2 pp. 264-277
- thiosulfates, etc ; acetates; aquifers; autotrophs; community structure; denitrification; denitrifying microorganisms; genes; groundwater; limestone; nitrate reduction; nitrates; nitrite reductase; oxygen; parent rock; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; sulfur; wells; Germany; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Oxygen and nitrate availability as well as the presence of suitable organic or inorganic electron donors are strong drivers of denitrification; however, the factors influencing denitrifier abundance and community composition in pristine aquifers are not well understood. We explored the denitrifier community structure of suspended and attached groundwater microorganisms in two superimposed limeston ...