Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: hyeok?
- Lee, Si Hyeock, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of Asia-Pacific entomology 2017 v.20 no.1 pp. 229-235
- RNA interference; Tetranychus urticae; carboxylesterase; catalytic activity; cathepsins; double-stranded RNA; genes; ingestion; proteins; serine proteinases; transcriptomics
- ... Ingestion of double-stranded RNA (dsRNA) is known to induce RNA interference (RNAi) in the two-spotted spider mite, Tetranychus urticae, but little is known about the underlying molecular processes. To better understand the molecular mechanisms involved in ingestion-mediated RNAi, we compared transcriptomic profiles to identify genes that respond to the T. urticae-specific (dsCOPB2) or -non-specif ...
- Lee, Si Hyeock, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Genomics 2017
- Apis mellifera; aggression; brood rearing; gene overexpression; genes; honey bee colonies; malnutrition; neurons; physiology; protein degradation; transcriptome; worker honey bees
- ... Perturbation of normal behaviors in honey bee colonies by any external factor can immediately reduce the colony's capacity for brood rearing, which can eventually lead to colony collapse. To investigate the effects of brood-rearing suppression on the biology of honey bee workers, gene-set enrichment analysis of the transcriptomes of worker bees with or without suppressed brood rearing was performe ...