Jump to Main Content
- Has, Cristina, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Cell and tissue research 2017 v.369 no.1 pp. 63-73
- animal models; cell-matrix junctions; epidermolysis bullosa; humans; kidneys
- ... Renal-skin syndroms are a group of genetic disorders with renal and cutaneous manifestations that target molecular components present in both organs. Inherited renal-skin syndromes are mainly associated with defects of cell-matrix adhesion. We provide a non-exhaustive overview of the main molecular players at cell-matrix adhesions in mouse models and in human genetic disorders affecting kidney and ...
- Perez-Ternero, Cristina, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- The Journal of nutritional biochemistry 2017 v.48 pp. 51-61
- NAD(P)H oxidase (H2O2-forming); NADP (coenzyme); animal models; aorta; apoptosis; atherogenesis; bioactive compounds; biogenesis; endothelial cells; ferulic acid; gene expression; high fat diet; humans; kidneys; lipid peroxidation; liver; messenger RNA; metabolites; mice; mitochondria; mononuclear leukocytes; necrosis; oxidative stress; rice bran; stem cells; sulfonates
- ... The aim of the study was to characterize the vascular effects of rice bran enzymatic extract (RBEE). ApoE−/− mice were fed a high-fat/cholesterol diet (HFD) or HFD supplemented with 5% RBEE for 21 weeks. RBEE prevented development of atherosclerotic plaques and oxidative stress in mouse aorta as well as the down-regulation of markers of mitochondrial biogenesis. Analysis of the bioactive component ...