Jump to Main Content
- Del Bo’, Cristian, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food & function 2017 v.8 no.10 pp. 3601-3609
- Lactobacillus helveticus; Streptococcus; adhesion; anti-inflammatory activity; blueberries; carbohydrates; children; dendritic cells; epithelium; health services; human cell lines; humans; immune response; in vitro studies; interferon-beta; interleukin-12; macrophages; mice; pharyngitis; pharynx; probiotics; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... Group A streptococci (GAS) cause 20–30% of pediatric pharyngitis episodes, which are a major cause of ambulatory care visits. Therefore, a strategy to prevent GAS dissemination in children could significantly benefit public healthcare. Contextually, we assessed the possibility of employing alternative food-grade strategies to be used with the oral probiotic L. helveticus MIMLh5 for the prevention ...
- Del Bo’, Cristian, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The Journal of nutritional biochemistry 2017 v.48 pp. 1-8
- animal models; aryldialkylphosphatase; foods; gene expression; high density lipoprotein; humans; in vivo studies; lipid peroxidation; low density lipoprotein; mechanism of action; polyphenols; quercetin; resveratrol; structure-activity relationships; transcription (genetics)
- ... Paraoxonase 1 (PON1) is a high-density lipoprotein (HDL)-associated enzyme involved in the protection of low-density lipoprotein and HDLs against lipid peroxidation. Several studies documented the capacity of polyphenols to stimulate PON1 transcription activation.The objective of the present review is to provide the main evidence about the role and the potential mechanism of action of polyphenols ...