Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Tingwei, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- RSC advances 2017 v.7 no.66 pp. 41546-41551
- Bronsted acids; aluminum chloride; catalysts; ferric chloride; glucose; hydroxymethylfurfural; solvents; water content
- ... In this work, glucose was transformed into 5-hydroxymethylfurfural (HMF) and 5-ethoxymethylfurfural (EMF) in the presence of AlCl₃·6H₂O and a Brønsted solid acid catalyst (PTSA–POM). GVL (γ-valerolactone)–water and ethanol–water solvent systems were evaluated in the dehydration reaction of glucose into HMF and EMF, respectively. Water content and dosage of AlCl₃·6H₂O were examined in the conversio ...
- Zhang, Tingwei, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- RSC advances 2017 v.7 no.44 pp. 27682-27688
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; acids; catalysts; fructose; glucose; hot water treatment; hydroxymethylfurfural; nitrogen; scanning electron microscopy; temperature; thermogravimetry; transmission electron microscopy
- ... A novel solid p-hydroxybenzenesulfonic acid–formaldehyde resin (SPFR) was prepared via a straightforward hydrothermal method. The catalytic properties of SPFR solid acids were evaluated in the dehydration reaction of fructose and glucose to 5-hydroxymethylfurfural (HMF). SEM, TEM, N₂ adsorption–desorption, elemental analysis (EA), thermogravimetric analysis (TGA), and FT-IR were used to explore th ...