Jump to Main Content
- Bartkowski, Bartosz, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Ecological economics 2017 v.131 pp. 557-560
- decision making; economic valuation; issues and policy; public services and goods
- ... This paper is a critical appraisal of Schläpfer's (2016) proposal of a Democratic Valuation (DV) methodology to value public goods. While we appreciate attempts to address the shortcomings of conventional stated preference techniques, we have some reservations regarding DV. Our paper critically reviews the following characteristics of the proposed methodology: i) referendum format as decision-maki ...
- Bartkowski, Bartosz, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Ecosystem services 2017 v.28 pp. 264-272
- ecological function; ecosystem services; humans; issues and policy; landscapes; planning
- ... Ecosystem services (ES), the benefits that humans obtain from nature, are of great importance for human well-being. The challenge of meeting the growing human demands for natural resources while sustaining essential ecosystem functions and resilience requires an in-depth understanding of the complex relationships between ES. These conflicting (‘trade-offs’) or synergistic (‘synergies’) relationshi ...