Jump to Main Content
- Farrae, Daniel J.; Post, William C.; Darden, Tanya L.
- Conservation genetics 2017 v.18 no.4 pp. 813-823
- Acipenser oxyrinchus, etc ; autumn; effective population size; gene flow; genetic markers; genetic variation; inbreeding; juveniles; rivers; simulation models; spawning; spring; sturgeon; South Carolina; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Once widely abundant, most subpopulations of the endangered Atlantic sturgeon are now estimated to be only 1–10% of their historical levels. The Edisto River has been sampled for a long period and extensively for juvenile Atlantic sturgeon from separate spring- and fall-spawned cohorts. Our objectives are to characterize the genetic diversity, stability, adaptive potential, and potential genetic s ...
- Novak, Ashleigh J.; Carlson, Amy E.; Wheeler, Carolyn R.; Wippelhauser, Gail S.; Sulikowski, James A.
- Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 2017 v.146 no.2 pp. 308-317
- Acipenser oxyrinchus, etc ; Ammodytes; acoustics; adults; endangered species; estuaries; fish; foraging; habitats; juveniles; rivers; sediments; spawning; telemetry; trawl nets; Gulf of Maine; Maine; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... An overall lack of information prompted the recent listing of Atlantic Sturgeon Acipenser oxyrinchus oxyrinchus under the Endangered Species Act. Key to the restoration of the species and of particular importance is the need to characterize the use of critical habitat across the region, specifically in the Gulf of Maine, where the population was listed as threatened. Much of the research to date h ...