Jump to Main Content
- Yabuki, Yui; Ohashi, Miwa; Imagawa, Fumi; Ishiyama, Keiki; Beier, MarcelPascal; Konishi, Noriyuki; Umetsu-Ohashi, Toshiko; Hayakawa, Toshihiko; Yamaya, Tomoyuki; Kojima, Soichi
- Rice 2017 v.10 no.1 pp. 3
- ripening, etc ; ammonium; asparaginase; asparagine; aspartic acid; gene expression; inflorescences; leaves; legumes; mesophyll; metabolism; organic nitrogen compounds; phloem companion cells; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rice; sap; vascular bundles; xylem; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Asparagine is one of the most dominant organic nitrogen compounds in phloem and xylem sap in a wide range of plant species. Asparaginase (ASNase; EC, 184.108.40.206) catabolizes asparagine into aspartate and ammonium; therefore, it is suggested to play a key role in asparagine metabolism within legume sink organs. However, the metabolic fate of asparagine in source and sink organs during rice ...
- PubMed Central:
- Li, Jinjie; Li, Yang; Yin, Zhigang; Jiang, Jihong; Zhang, Minghui; Guo, Xiao; Ye, Zhujia; Zhao, Yan; Xiong, Haiyan; Zhang, Zhanying; Shao, Yujie; Jiang, Conghui; Zhang, Hongliang; An, Gynheung; Paek, Nam‐Chon; Ali, Jauhar; Li, Zichao
- Plant biotechnology journal 2017 v.15 no.2 pp. 183-196
- ripening, etc ; Arabidopsis; Escherichia coli; Oryza sativa; abscisic acid; biosynthesis; drought; drought tolerance; food crops; gene overexpression; genes; genetic improvement; germination; hydrogen peroxide; leaves; loss-of-function mutation; mutants; osmotolerance; plant growth; proteins; rice; second messengers; stomatal conductance; stomatal movement; water content; water stress; yeasts; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Drought is one of the major abiotic stresses that directly implicate plant growth and crop productivity. Although many genes in response to drought stress have been identified, genetic improvement to drought resistance especially in food crops is showing relatively slow progress worldwide. Here, we reported the isolation of abscisic acid, stress and ripening (ASR) genes from upland rice variety, I ...
- PubMed Central: