Jump to Main Content
- Sukcharoen, Oratai; Sirirote, Pramote; Thanaboripat, Dusanee
- Journal of food science and technology 2017 v.54 no.9 pp. 2929-2935
- methyl eugenol, etc ; Aspergillus flavus; Aspergillus parasiticus; Cinnamomum; aflatoxin B1; agricultural products; bark; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; essential oils; fumigation; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; hydrodistillation; mycelium; safrole; sporulation; toxigenic strains; vapors; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Essential oil from the bark of Cinnamomum porrectum (Roxb.) Kosterm was obtained by hydrodistillation using a Clevenger-type system for 3 h and identified by gas chromatography–mass spectrometry. The compounds were safrole (93.9%), elemicine (4.3%) and methyl eugenol (1.7%). The effect of essential oil on mycelial growth, sporulation, and aflatoxin B1 production of Aspergillus parasiticus IMI 2838 ...
- PubMed Central:
- Li, Hailong; Ge, Yanhui; Luo, Zhimin; Zhou, Yulan; Zhang, Xuguang; Zhang, Junqing; Fu, Qiang
- Journal of food science and technology 2017 v.54 no.7 pp. 1882-1890
- methyl eugenol, etc ; 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Ocimum basilicum; Oriental traditional medicine; anti-inflammatory activity; anti-inflammatory agents; antioxidants; chemical composition; distillation; essential oils; free radicals; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; gene expression; herbal medicines; inducible nitric oxide synthase; inhibitory concentration 50; interleukin-6; linoleic acid; methyl chavicol; models; nitric oxide; oxidative stress; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... In this study, the chemical composition and antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities of sweet basil (Ocimum basilicum L. Lamiaceae family) were evaluated. Sweet basil is a food-related plant that is widely used in traditional Chinese medicine. Sweet basil crude oil was processed via molecular distillation and further characterized using gas chromatography–mass spectrometry (GC–MS) to screen fo ...
- PubMed Central: