Jump to Main Content
- Chin, Young-Won, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of medicinal food 2017 v.20 no.8 pp. 727-733
- anti-inflammatory activity; colitis; colon; dextran sulfate; dose response; drinking water; inflammation; mangosteens; mice; phosphorylation; transcription factor NF-kappa B; weight loss
- ... In this study, the anti-inflammatory effects of mangosteen extract (MGE) on dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)–induced colitis in mice and nuclear factor (NF)-κB pathway modulation were investigated. Acute colitis was induced by administering 3% DSS in drinking water for 7 days, and three groups of Institute of Cancer Research mice were treated with 30 and 120 mg/kg MGE or 5-aminosalicylic acid for 7 da ...
- Chin, Young-Won, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2017 v.206 pp. 298-305
- Sophora tonkinensis; alum; animal models; antiserum; asthma; bronchoconstriction; enzymes; guinea pigs; heat; histopathology; inflammation; interleukin-5; leukocytes; mice; oral administration; ovalbumin; rhizomes; roots; toxicity; traditional medicine; China; Korean Peninsula
- ... Sophora tonkinensis (Leguminosae, ST) is a traditional herbal plant in Korea and China. Its roots and rhizomes have been used to dissipate heat, to clear toxic material and to treat acute pharyngolaryngeal infections and sore throats.In this study, we tried to investigate the anti-inflammatory and anti-asthmatic effects of a purified extract (SKI3301) from Sophora tonkinensis using in vitro enzyme ...