Jump to Main Content
- Miller, Eliot T.; Farine, Damien R.; Trisos, Christopher H.
- Ecography 2017 v.40 no.4 pp. 461-477
- biologists, etc ; community structure; competitive exclusion; computer software; ecologists; habitats; methodology; models; phylogeny; species diversity; variance; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Competitive exclusion and habitat filtering influence community assembly, but ecologists and evolutionary biologists have not reached consensus on how to quantify patterns that would reveal the action of these processes. Currently, at least 22 α‐diversity and 10 β‐diversity metrics of community phylogenetic structure can be combined with nine null models (eight for β‐diversity metrics), providing ...
- Harsch, Melanie A.; Phillips, Austin; Zhou, Ying; Leung, Margaret‐Rose; Rinnan, D. Scott; Kot, Mark
- The journal of ecology 2017 v.105 no.5 pp. 1169-1181
- biologists, etc ; best management practices; biocenosis; climate change; climatic factors; demography; equations; habitats; infectious diseases; models; population density; prediction; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Predicting and managing species’ responses to climate change is one of the most significant challenges of our time. Tools are needed to address problems associated with novel climatic conditions, biotic interactions and greater climate velocities. We present a spatially explicit moving‐habitat model (MHM) and demonstrate its versatility in tackling critical questions in climate change research, in ...