Jump to Main Content
- Sura, Shayna A.; Herlihy, Nola Seta; Mahon, Heidi K.; Belovsky, Gary E.
- Hydrobiologia 2017 v.792 no.1 pp. 97-104
- Artemia franciscana, etc ; Dunaliella; adults; environmental factors; environmental impact; foods; grazing; juveniles; nauplii; phenology; phytoplankton; salinity; water temperature; Great Salt Lake; Utah; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... We examined the grazing rate of brine shrimp from Great Salt Lake, Utah (USA) at different life stages under varying water temperatures, salinities, and concentrations of two of their common phytoplankton foods: Dunaliella viridis and Coccochloris elabens. Trials for a brine shrimp life stage at a specific temperature, salinity, and food concentration occurred within 50 mL test tubes for 1 h; the ...
- Ogata, Elizabeth M.; Wurtsbaugh, Wayne A.; Smith, Trinity N.; Durham, Susan L.
- Hydrobiologia 2017 v.788 no.1 pp. 1-16
- Artemia franciscana, etc ; adults; algae; bioassays; chlorophyll; grazing intensity; nauplii; nitrogen; periphyton; phosphorus; phytoplankton; reproductive performance; trophic relationships; Great Salt Lake; United States; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... 14-day microcosm experiments demonstrated the strong interactions between bottom–up and top–down effects of nutrient addition (control, nitrogen, phosphorus, nitrogen + phosphorus) and Artemia franciscana grazing on algae in Great Salt Lake water from Gilbert Bay. Nitrogen addition increased phytoplankton chlorophyll concentrations, while phosphorus addition had no stimulatory effect. A combined N ...