Jump to Main Content
- Iryani, Mat Taib Mimi; MacRae, Thomas H.; Panchakshari, Sheethal; Tan, Jiabo; Bossier, Peter; Wahid, Mohd Effendy Abd.; Sung, Yeong Yik
- Journal of experimental marine biology and ecology 2017 v.487 pp. 106-112
- Artemia franciscana, etc ; RNA interference; Vibrio campbellii; Western blotting; aquatic invertebrates; bacterial infections; double-stranded RNA; embryogenesis; females; heat stress; heat-shock protein 70; homeostasis; innate immunity; messenger RNA; nauplii; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; viability; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... RNA interference (RNAi) was used to assess the role of the molecular chaperone Hsp70 in protecting nauplii of the crustacean, Artemia franciscana, against abiotic and biotic stressors. As revealed respectively by RT-PCR and immunoprobing of Western blots, the injection of A. franciscana females with Hsp70 dsRNA eliminated Hsp70 mRNA and protein in nauplii released from these animals. The loss of H ...
- Li, Dong-Rui; Ye, Hui-Li; Yang, Jin-Shu; Yang, Fan; Wang, Mo-Ran; De Vos, Stephanie; Vuylsteke, Marnik; Sorgeloos, Patrick; Van Stappen, Gilbert; Bossier, Peter; Yang, Wei-Jun
- Gene 2017 v.614 pp. 56-64
- Artemia franciscana, etc ; Bombyx mori; RNA interference; Western blotting; chromosomes; double-stranded RNA; embryogenesis; environmental factors; evolution; fluorescent antibody technique; genes; hatching; invertebrates; messenger RNA; nauplii; open reading frames; parthenogenesis; ploidy; progeny; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; sequence analysis; sex determination; sexual development; silkworms; zinc finger motif; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... The sex of relatively primitive animals such as invertebrates is mostly determined by environmental factors and chromosome ploidy. Heteromorphic chromosomes may also play an important role, as in the ZW system in lepidopterans. However, the mechanisms of these various sex determination systems are still largely undefined. In the present study, a Masculinizer gene (Ar-Masc) was identified in the cr ...