Jump to Main Content
- Martorell, Reynaldo; de Romaña, Daniel López
- food fortification, etc ; anemia; children; data collection; experts; folic acid; interviews; iron; monitoring; neural tube defects; nutrient deficiencies; public-private partnerships; quality control; staple foods; sugars; vitamin A; vitamin status; wheat flour; women; Chile; Costa Rica; Guatemala; Latin America; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... There are few effectiveness evaluations of food fortification programs, and little is known about what makes programs successful. We examined 3 food fortification programs in Latin America to identify common features that might explain their success and to draw lessons for program design and implementation everywhere: The vitamin A fortification of sugar in Guatemala with impact on vitamin A statu ...
- Hwalla, Nahla; Al Dhaheri, Ayesha Salem; Radwan, Hadia; Alfawaz, Hanan Abdullah; Fouda, Mona A.; Al‐Daghri, Nasser Mohammed; Zaghloul, Sahar; Blumberg, Jeffrey B.
- Nutrients 2017 v.9 no.3
- food fortification, etc ; adolescents; at-risk population; children; dietary supplements; elderly; folic acid; food intake; food security; iron; issues and policy; nutrient deficiencies; nutrition education; nutrition monitoring; pregnant women; public-private partnerships; vitamin D; Middle East; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Micronutrient deficiencies and inadequacies constitute a global health issue, particularly among countries in the Middle East. The objective of this review is to identify micronutrient deficits in the Middle East and to consider current and new approaches to address this problem. Based on the availability of more recent data, this review is primarily focused on countries that are in advanced nutri ...