Jump to Main Content
- Cornara, Daniele; Saponari, Maria; Zeilinger, Adam R.; de Stradis, Angelo; Boscia, Donato; Loconsole, Giuliana; Bosco, Domenico; Martelli, Giovanni P.; Almeida, Rodrigo P. P.; Porcelli, Francesco
- Journal of pest science 2017 v.90 no.2 pp. 521-530
- Olea europaea, etc ; Acacia; Cercopidae; Philaenus spumarius; Polygala; Xylella fastidiosa; adults; bacteria; canopy; decline; host plants; insects; integrated pest management; leaves; nymphs; olives; orchards; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; scanning electron microscopy; spring; surveys; vegetation; weeds; Italy; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... The recent introduction of Xylella fastidiosa in Europe and its involvement in the Olive Quick Decline Syndrome (OQDS) in Apulia (Salento, Lecce district, South Italy) led us to investigate the biology and transmission ability of the meadow spittlebug, Philaenus spumarius, which was recently demonstrated to transmit X. fastidiosa to periwinkle plants. Four xylem-sap-feeding insect species were fou ...
- PubMed Central:
- Goldental-Cohen, S.; Burstein, C.; Biton, I.; Ben Sasson, S.; Sadeh, A.; Many, Y.; Doron-Faigenboim, A.; Zemach, H.; Mugira, Y.; Schneider, D.; Birger, R.; Meir, S.; Philosoph-Hadas, S.; Irihomovitch, V.; Lavee, S.; Avidan, B.; Ben-Ari, G.
- BMC plant biology 2017 v.17 no.1 pp. 87
- Olea europaea, etc ; abscisic acid; ascorbic acid; auxins; butyric acid; cell walls; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; ethephon; ethylene; fruit drop; fruits; gene expression regulation; genes; hormones; leaf abscission; leaves; manual harvesting; mechanical harvesting; olives; oxidative stress; pectins; pedicel; polygalacturonase; profitability; reactive oxygen species; transcriptomics; trees; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Table olives (Olea europaea L.), despite their widespread production, are still harvested manually. The low efficiency of manual harvesting and the rising costs of labor have reduced the profitability of this crop. A selective abscission treatment, inducing abscission of fruits but not leaves, is crucial for the adoption of mechanical harvesting of table olives. In the present work we ...
- PubMed Central: