Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Wenyan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Water 2017 v.9 no.12
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; catalysts; cathodes; chromium; graphene; heavy metals; microbial fuel cells; pH; pollution; wastewater
- ... Here we reported the investigation of enhanced performance for the removal of hexavalent chromium (Cr (VI)) by a new microbial fuel cell (MFC) with natural pyrrhotite-coated cathode. By comparisons of the graphite-cathode, the MFCs equipped with a pyrrhotite-coated cathode generated the maximum power density of 45.4 mW·m−2 that was 1.3 times higher than that of with bare graphite cathode (35.5 mW· ...
- Duan, Wenyan, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of membrane science 2017 v.531 pp. 160-171
- artificial membranes; carbon nanotubes; chromium; composite polymers; electrochemistry; electrodes; electrostatic interactions; ionic strength; ions; membrane potential; pH; pollution; polyvinyl alcohol; salinity; tap water; ultrafiltration; uranium
- ... Hexavalent chromium (Cr(VI)) contamination in drinking water resources remains a challenge in many parts of the United States, as well as in regions affected by industrial pollution. In this study, we demonstrated how electrically conducting carbon nanotube (CNT) – polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) composite ultrafiltration (UF) membranes can be used to remove Cr(VI) from water through a combined process of ...