Jump to Main Content
- Wei, Li, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The plant journal 2017 v.89 no.6 pp. 1236-1250
- DNA methylation; Nannochloropsis; RNA interference; biodiesel; carbon; carbon dioxide; carbonate dehydratase; correlation; feedstocks; genes; homeostasis; microalgae; models; mutants; oils; oxygen production; pH; photosynthesis; screening
- ... Microalgae are promising feedstock for renewable fuels such as biodiesel, yet development of industrial oleaginous strains has been hindered by the paucity and inefficiency of reverse genetics tools. Here we established an efficient RNAi‐based targeted gene‐knockdown method for Nannochloropsis spp., which are emerging model organisms for industrial microalgal oil production. The method achieved a ...
- Wei, Li-Xing, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Field crops research 2017 v.203 pp. 86-93
- Oryza sativa; abscisic acid; alkalinity; death; field experimentation; genes; grain yield; leaves; pH; paddies; plant growth; rice; salinity; seedlings; stress tolerance
- ... Saline-alkaline (SA) stress is one of the major constraints to crop production worldwide. It is characterized by high salinity and high alkalinity (high pH), with the latter being the primary inhibiting factor to rice growth. We previously reported that pretreatment with abscisic acid (ABA) primed rice seedlings for enhanced tolerance to alkaline stress. In the present study, we conducted a 3-year ...